Paphiopedilum concolor growing orchid
Paphiopedilum concolor scientifically known as Paphiopedilum concolor has a rare natural beauty. A beauty that has a very unique but extremely attractive feature shows a beautiful beauty that cannot be compared with its rarity.
Favored by foreign markets, especially the UK. Orchids are considered a symbol of luxury because this flower is very rare, only rich people can afford to enjoy. Meanwhile, for Japan, spread symbolizes wealth and fulfillment.
- Spotted orchid is slow growing, grows in high mountains so it is difficult to tame, low light and average humidity of 80%. However, the comedian blooms in the spring, the blooming time lasts long and fades with many colors.
- The root system is thin and sensitive, with an absorbent system around the roots. This suction hair system is responsible for absorbing water, nutrients and oxygen exchange. Note, comedy orchids need moisture but cannot be submerged in water, easily waterlogged.
- The bottom surface of the mottled comedy has many giant holes, so when fertilizing, spray the leaves should spray the lower surface to achieve higher efficiency.
- And more specifically, when the outdoor temperature is too hot, too high, these pores will close to avoid dehydration and evaporation to ensure the moisture for the plant to grow.
The operation of growing comedy orchids with pellets
The pellets provide moisture, temperature, water, provide good ventilation, ease of movement, and less illness, minimizing the need to change mole every year.
Rinse pellet rack to remove dirt. Then soak overnight in a solution to stimulate new rooting and disease resistance
Carefully remove the plant from the pot. Remove any substrate mixtures remaining on the roots. Note to be gentle because the root of the moth orchid is very thin, small and sensitive, especially very few, so it is easy to break. Try not to break any of the roots of the plant, as the roots of the moth orchid are very thin.
Then wash the roots thoroughly to completely remove any remaining substrate from the old media to limit plant contamination. Ensure the environment, new varieties, clean, safe for development in the new environment
Place the pellets in the pot, carefully placing the plant more than half the height of the pot to keep the plant stable. Stack the pellets together tightly, to make sure there is no space.
Humidity: Spotted orchids need enough humidity and suitable temperature for growth and development. Plant water is usually stored in the leaves so it is necessary to maintain moisture and water regularly at 60%. A week should water 1 to 2 times in the early morning is best. In the dry season, it is not necessary to water directly, but to water on the floor so that the evaporated water maintains moisture or place the pot on a water tray with gravel placed away from the water surface.
- Light: Because speckled orchids often grow deep under broad-leaved forest canopy, its nature is not exposed to direct sunlight. It should be shielded with curtains so that the weak sunlight does not shine directly, which can easily burn the leaves.
- Fertilization: Nitrogen is needed during the development phase. When the plant is fully developed, apply 10-20-10 fertilizer to stimulate the flowers. Do not apply too much fertilizer, but only 1 to 2 times / month
- Up pots: The most suitable spot orchid is planted in pots of soil, a pot should be from 2-3 seedlings. The substrate should be mixed with pine bark, ferns, coarse rock, and sand. Do not mix the media too thick to release gas, can mix lump coal.