Symptoms and cure for leaf spot on orchids effectively
The profession of growing orchids in our country is not too strange to many people. But to understand orchids to have the best planting and care is still not easy for many people, especially with a special climate like Vietnam.
When having favorable weather or lack of nutrients, the disease causes damage very quickly and greatly affects the growth and flowering of plants. Here are some of our advice in the orchid handbook to help you understand some common diseases and their treatment.
Cercospora leaf spot disease is one of the most common orchid diseases. The disease is common on varieties Dendrobium, Mokara, Oncidium ...
When having favorable weather or lack of nutrients, the disease causes damage very quickly and greatly affects the growth and flowering of plants.
1. Symptoms when plants get sick
- The disease usually appears on the leaves. The disease is evenly distributed on both sides of the leaves, the initial symptoms are gray-brown or yellow-brown round spots around the lesion with yellow halo. The underside of leaves has tiny black spots. When the plant is very sick, the leaves are yellow and easy to fall off if left on for a long time can cause the spread of death.
2. The causative agent of the disease
- Leaf spot disease caused by Cercospora sp. harm.
- Characteristics of the development of the disease
- The disease usually arises in orchids with high humidity and develops in the rainy season.
- Especially for gardens that lack nutrition and care poorly cause serious damage, yellow leaves and easy fall.
3. Preventive measures and avoid spreading to other plants
- Clean up the garden, collect all plant residues and bring away to bury or burn.
- Spray preventive medicine when new plants (trees are small, have not appeared disease symptoms).
- For mildly diseased plants: prune off the pathogen on the leaves, then apply antifungal medicine.
- When spraying disease treatment drugs must spray both sides of leaves and immediately after that (about 01 hour) to add foliar or micro fertilizers.
- When necessary, one of the following pesticides can be used: Rydomyl Gold 68 WP, Dipomate 80 WP, Carbenzim 500 FL, mixture of Carbenzim and Dipomate ...
* Note: Must consider carefully before using pesticides and comply with the principle of 4 right: right medicine, right dosage and concentration, at the right time and the right way. Wish you success in growing and taking care of your family orchids.