The effects of lime on the planting and care of orchids
The use of lime on orchids that you did not expect
The day before, my client accidentally told him that he heard that COCOA is good for PHONG LAN, so he fertilized it. My sulk! And know that not sure who grow orchids also know how to apply Lime and many people ignore, do not know the knowledge of Lime, sorry.
Here I share with you to grow industrial orchids as well as play orchids at home.
• Provide calcium, increase developmental ability
• Slow land degradation.
• Eliminate harmful effects of salt.
• Lower alum to reduce acidity.
• Eliminate fungal diseases of plants.
• Clean the leaf port due to spraying fertilizer, dirt over time.
Note: good Lime fertilization but fertilizer directly on the root will accidentally harm plants, dead roots.
How to dilute: dilute to avoid concentrated mixing, which kills plants by heat.
1kg of lime soaked in water, deposited in and then took the water inside, for every 1kg of lime to settle, take 20 liters of water to spray or water the plants.
=> Clean leaf gates, remove algae, increase nutrient absorption.
Lime is not simply a nutrient for orchids but also many other effects that other chemical fertilizers do not have
Effects of Lime on the planting and care of orchids: Lime is not only a nutrient of calcium (Ca) for orchids but also many other effects that other chemical fertilizers do not have, that is: (a) Lime stop degradation of the crop; (b) Lime eliminates the harmful effects of salinity; (c) Lime inhibits fungal growth in the media; and (d) Lime promotes the potency of organic fertilizers, inorganic fertilizers and pesticides.
It is necessary to understand the effects of each form of lime before using:
Limestone powder (CaCO3): is made by finely grinding limestone. This type of slow effect, usually 2-6 months after fertilizing depending on the fineness of the stone powder;
Calcined lime (CaO): is created by heating limestone in a kiln like a brick at a temperature of about 900-1,000 ° C. This type is the most powerful and fastest but easily burns when exposed to water;
Lime (Ca (OH) 2): is created by watering lime with a quantity of water roughly equal to its weight, then the lime becomes a powder, generates heat (about 150 ° C) and evaporates. This form of lime acts quite quickly;
Gypsum Lime (CaSO4): This is a special form of quick-acting, sulfur-containing lime.
1. Lime provides nutrients for plants calcium. Calcium is a medium quality nutrient, so plants need calcium to strengthen their cell walls. Therefore, calcium deficiency weak plants are easy to fall, easy to be attacked by pests and diseases; When there is a serious lack of young leaves buds deformed, curled and then died. In addition, Calcium also helps plants detoxify, increase resistance to adverse conditions of heat, salinity and alum, so lime should be applied (in the form of clear, very thin lime) every 2 months at the beginning of the rainy season. to provide Ca for the plants. Note, Ca is absorbed by the plant through the process of absorbing water, and Ca does not change in the tree, so the plant needs Ca during its growth.
2. Lime prevents degradation of the medium. Applying lime water in the early rainy season is one of the effective measures to stop the degradation of nutrients on the substrate, and reduce the toxicity of iron (Fe), aluminum (Al) and manganese (Mn) in plants.
3. Lime can reduce the harmful effects of salt. The salty media has lost its structure and is discrete; Plants do not absorb water and nutrients. To limit the harmful effects of salinity, lime should be applied to wash salinity.
4. Lime inhibits the growth of pathogens. The growing material becomes sour when degraded is a favorable condition for fungi to grow such as yellow leaf disease, root rot, stem discharge ... One of the measures to inhibit the growth of these harmful fungi is lime watering. Applying lime will help beneficial bacteria grow like nitrogen-fixing bacteria.
5. Lime promotes the effectiveness of organic matter, inorganic fertilizers and curative medicine. Applying lime helps organic matter decompose faster, reducing organic poisoning; Lime helps keep humus (from decomposing organic matter) from being washed away, so it promotes the role of organic matter when it is supplied to the plant.
Phosphorus fertilizer for plants is only about 30% useful, and liming before fertilizing will increase the usefulness of fertilizer. Liming also increases the usefulness of macronutrients (Mo) and increases the absorption of potassium (K) of the plant.
In summary, lime has many good effects to make plants grow well and help the substrate to be sustainable. Raw materials for making limestone (limestone) in our country are plentiful from North to South. You can mix the ratio of about 1 teaspoon of lime powder / slaked lime into 1 liter of water, stir well, wait for the water to clear, then spray the orchids for healthy plants, better nutrient absorption. more rigid and less likely to be infected with dangerous diseases such as collapsed on the body of the lattice orchids such as Phi Diep Purple, Hac Vy ...
Wishing you success in orchid love.
If lacking, please give more comments,